Friday, August 23, 2013

Human Graph ....

Today, while walking back to my car from a meeting, I came across a gentleman who was seating in his yard tending his flowers. I looked at him and I realized that I met him years ago when I was around nine years old. He was friends with my dad. This man always impressed me back then because he was tall, strong, confident, proud with impressive intellect and a physical presence that was dominating. Today I saw a man who was half of the physical size, he couldn't hear me, he didn't remember me or my dad, and he was seating on a chair looking on the ground finding it difficult to lift his head up... and I realized one more time that our fate is defined... Our life graph has been drawn. For some of us will be cut short, it might be a little different from one another, but the end point of the graph has a definite conclusion. Why then do we struggle every day to achieve the mundane, why do invest our time and intellectual resources in causes that do not promote true quality of life and noble causes and values; loving each other, understanding, friendship, family, supporting each other? Why do we give so much focus on material acquisitions that in the end lead to social and economic destruction (see Cyprus economy and how much regular folks are suffering). People are only happy when they strive to become better human beings, when they have a positive impact for a better society, when they say good morning to someone they do not know, when they look into people's eyes with kindness.... Just some food for thought....

No comments: