Friday, November 18, 2005

The Standards of society which we must follow

These standards bother me a lot.  There are certain standards in each society which “normal” people must follow!  I am not referring to the written law of the land, I am referring to “the things we should do or shouldn’t do” according to what society considers as a norm or a standard.  I dislike that a lot.  Who sets these standards and with what authority and why should we follow them? I do not like to conform with this bullshit!  I guess that will make me a non conformist.  For example, why should a person have to be dressed nicely for a meeting?  What purpose does it serve?  Why must people be married when they live together for a long time and especially when they want to have kids?  What purpose does this serve?  Why can’t we tell someone in their face when they are lying (when we do it is considered impolite)?  What purpose does this serve?  It is ok for someone to lie but when caught it is impolite to tell them?  Does not make sense to me! Who defines a “bad” word?  I find some of these “bad” words to be extremely expressive and I want to use them!  We give meaning to words and after we brand them as “bad”!  What purpose does this serve?  I want to eat a stake in the morning and breakfast at night!  It makes more sense to me to do that but it is not proper, it is not normal.  Why? I will address many more issues later because there is a lot………..

No comments: